What Make Us Different
John 9: 1-3
As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” 3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
We connect families of the differently enabled with resources and partners to help you face life’s everyday challenges. And we offer Christ-centered hope with equipping tools and guidance so you all achieve your God given potential and purpose.
Through our Roadmap to Hope Process, we help you determine immediate needs, set priorities and plan for future goals. It includes support from others that have walked your journey and know how to…
- Acquire durable medical equipment like wheel chairs and ceiling lift systems.
- Build healthy, supportive relationships with extended family, church and neighbors.
- Use organizational tools for time management, personal finance planning and personal care regimens.
- Create a Personal Achievement Council (PAC) that acts as a support system for routine care and a lifeline for difficult moments.
People We Serve:
- Young families with infants born with a disability
- Wounded Veterans
- Individuals with newly-diagnosed disability as a result of an injury
- Spanish-speaking families in need of how to navigate the system to realize benefits
EDE’s CORE VALUES
- Honor God is everything we do.
- Build relationships based on trust and respect.
- Maintain integrity and excellence in everyday living.
- Practice responsible stewardship both relationally and financially.
- Plan in advance for adversity for God's glory.
Emily Shanahan – Founder
Barb Shanahan - President
EmPowering the Differently Enabled is an approved 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization and all donations by the IRS. All donations are tax deductible to the extent provided by the law. EDE’s Federal Identification Number (EIN) is 47-2529240